January 1, 2007

:: 2007 ::

Wow, another year has passed! One more year till the Beijing Olympics on 2008. Has the environment improved? Are the major stadiums and buildings going to be ready by then? Are the citizens of Beijing going to make it on time? I was in Wang Fu Jing this past Sunday, and my friend pointed out something obvious and interesting that my blind eyes hadn’t registered to my brain-----people around me, foreigners and Chinese subway passengers alike, where waiting in line! The first thing that hit me was that, it's the New Year's, no wonder there are so many people everywhere. Even the line for the ticket had extended outside the doors. But what I didn't realize was-----everyone was cooperating, even patiently waiting in line! People.Were.Waiting.In.Line.
Also another remarkable thing; there were guards guarding the stairs to and from the subway. They were very strict on which side of the stairs passengers could use regarding whether they were on their way up or down.
So maybe we can make it to the 2008 Olympics after all. If only someone could solve the traffic problem...

No comments: